This Page

has been moved to new address

Strawberry Smores Tart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chocolate Moosey: Strawberry Smores Tart

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Strawberry Smores Tart

Hope everyone enjoyed the first unofficial week of summer. It was in the 80s and 90s all of last week and the beginning of this week. I had every intention of going strawberry picking last weekend. However, when I called to verify, they said the berries weren't ready for picking. Boo! I had a long list of recipes to make, including Memorial Day's dessert. I stopped at another produce stand, but the strawberries were unripen. I ended up buying a pint at the grocery store, which I do as a last resort. I figured I would wait on making fresh strawberry jam and freeze pops, but I was still making this Strawberry Smores Tart.

Strawberry Smores Tart

It's a graham cracker crust with a layer of strawberries, topped with chocolate ganache and marshmallow cream. Just like a smores with the addition of strawberries. I followed the recipe as written except I had to add more graham cracker crumbs. This dessert definitely tastes good on a hot day, but you have to be careful and not let the ganache melt. I will definitely be making this recipe again and trying it with different fruits, such as peaches or bananas. If I had a blow torch, I'd toast the marshmallow creme and see if that makes it better.



Strawberry Smores Tart


Crust
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted

Tart
10 oz. semisweet chocolate
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
1/2 cup marshmallow creme

1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter; mix well. Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-inch tart pan. Place onto a cookie sheet or round pizza pan for easier handling. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.

2. While the crust is cooling, in a medium saucepan, heat the whipping cream over low heat until bubbles form around the edge. Remove from the heat and add chocolate; stir until melted. Cool 5 minutes or until lukewarm.

3. When the crust is cool, place sliced strawberries in a single layer on the crust. Pour the chocolate mixture on top.

4. Place the marshmallow cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 30 seconds or until softened. Stir just until smooth. Quickly drop spoonfuls over the chocolate layer. With a knife, swirl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving to set the chocolate.

8 servings.

Source: Pillsbury Farmer's Market Cookbook, July 2000, p. 84-85


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home